Cosmopolitanism, 3rd Day of Research
Found 3 more articles:
McEvoy, T. (1968). Cosmopolitanism: An opportunity for higher education in a shrinking world. Retrieved, November 21, 2006, from
http://www.jstor.org/view/00221546/di962371/96p0119c/0?frame=noframe&userID=8e423457@uleth.ca/01cce4406900501b22af2&dpi=3&config=jstor
This paper, although old, described an interesting concept of adolescent development and psychology. Its premise: a human growth potential is called the stage of cosmopolitanism – a profound inner development and disposition to view people, oneself, events, ideas, and things in a cosmopolitan perspective.
Mulkey, L., Dougan, W., Steelman, L. (2005). Electronic governance: Locals and cosmopolitans “in” and “as” a virtual academic community. International Journal of Public, 28, 703, 721.
This paper conducts an experiment on the difference between two professional role orientations within the faculty and administrative staff of a university via an online discussion board. The two orientations are locals and cosmopolitans and were distinguished by their respective forms of discourse - those who communicated with formal discourse were categorized as cosmopolitans while those who use informal discourse were labeled locals.
Kriegman, O. (2003). Dawn of the cosmopolitan: The hope of a global citizens movement. Great Transition Initiative Paper Series. Retrieved, November 21, 2006, from http://www.gtinitiative.org/default.asp?action=43
This paper provides an analysis of the benefits that a global citizens movement brings for individuals, communities, and the world at large. The paper promotes this movement and the practice of comsopolitanism.
Now, I will temporarily stop searching for new research and simply research and take notes on the references that I already have. Thereafter, I will see if I have enough research.
McEvoy, T. (1968). Cosmopolitanism: An opportunity for higher education in a shrinking world. Retrieved, November 21, 2006, from
http://www.jstor.org/view/00221546/di962371/96p0119c/0?frame=noframe&userID=8e423457@uleth.ca/01cce4406900501b22af2&dpi=3&config=jstor
This paper, although old, described an interesting concept of adolescent development and psychology. Its premise: a human growth potential is called the stage of cosmopolitanism – a profound inner development and disposition to view people, oneself, events, ideas, and things in a cosmopolitan perspective.
Mulkey, L., Dougan, W., Steelman, L. (2005). Electronic governance: Locals and cosmopolitans “in” and “as” a virtual academic community. International Journal of Public, 28, 703, 721.
This paper conducts an experiment on the difference between two professional role orientations within the faculty and administrative staff of a university via an online discussion board. The two orientations are locals and cosmopolitans and were distinguished by their respective forms of discourse - those who communicated with formal discourse were categorized as cosmopolitans while those who use informal discourse were labeled locals.
Kriegman, O. (2003). Dawn of the cosmopolitan: The hope of a global citizens movement. Great Transition Initiative Paper Series. Retrieved, November 21, 2006, from http://www.gtinitiative.org/default.asp?action=43
This paper provides an analysis of the benefits that a global citizens movement brings for individuals, communities, and the world at large. The paper promotes this movement and the practice of comsopolitanism.
Now, I will temporarily stop searching for new research and simply research and take notes on the references that I already have. Thereafter, I will see if I have enough research.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home